After the successful completion of this course, students will understand how computer networks works and how the Internet works. They will be able to browse and work on the Internet by not only understanding internet concepts but also the way its underlying technology (domain names system, electronic signatures and certificates, email and www) operates.
Course Content (Syllabus)
1. Computer networks, General Principles-Internet (history, evolution).
2. Network types and their characteristics.
3. Computer networks working analysis.
4. Domain Name System (DNS) (working analysis, applications, working examples)
5. Domain Name System (DNS) (managing authorities, paradoxes-risks, regulatory-legal issues).
6. Digital signatures and digital certificates (history, cryptography, cryptography systems).
7. Digital signatures and digital certificates (working analysis and examples).
8. Certification authorities-CA, public key infrastructure-PKI.
9. E-mail (working analysis, SMTP protocol analysis).
10. E-mail (IMAP POP protocols, characteristics, properties, applications).
11. WWW (World Wide Web)- working analysis.
12. Web pages (structure, creation, web hosting).
13. Http protocol, secure web browsing.
Computer networks, internet, domain name system, digital signatures, e-mail, web pages