After the successful completion of the course, the student will be able to:
1. Understand the socio-technical components of MIS.
2. Recognize the basic dimensions of Industry 4.0.
3. Know the terminology of modern MIS.
4. Discern the role of MIS in traditional and modern managerial pyramid.
5. Know the basic components of network infrastructure and comutations with emphasis on Edge computing, Fog Computing, Grid Computing, Cloud Computing.
6. Know the main elements of Service Level Agreements with cloud service providers.
7. Understand the computing services architecture in the internet computing environment.
8. Know the process of transforming raw data to useful information for the MIS.
9. Understand the basics of data security and the main types of cyber-attacks.
10. Know the main evaluation metrics for MIS in the context of enterprise productivity management.
Course Content (Syllabus)
Introduction. Importance of Management Information Systems (MIS). Features, sizing, sociotechnical perspective. Technological evolution and MIS: digital transformation, Industry 4.0. MIS study approaches: systems development life cycle, rapid application development. IT infrastructure: integrated information systems (IS) and data processing. Enterprise networking, online computing, enterprise architecture and business intelligence. Information systems management. Technological infrastructure of IS: multi-tier architecture, cloud computing & cloud computing services, service-oriented architecture (SOA). Fundamentals of computer networks, wireless networks, RFID technologies. Computing services: data organization, data Bases, data base management systems, OLTP, OLAP, BI architecture, and data bases security and protection and IS. MIS and enterprise performance management.