After the successful completion of the course, students are able to know:
- the basic principles of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery
- the use of surgical instruments, suturing techniques and wound care
- the basic principles of wound healing and management of burns
- the basic principles of skin and soft tissue oncology, diagnosis of skin diseases
- the basic principles of hand surgery
Course Content (Syllabus)
Basic principles of Plastic Surgery, wound healing, burns, oncology of skin and soft tissue, free and pedicled tissues transfer, hand surgery, microsurgery, congenital malformations, aesthetic plastic surgery, post- mastectomy breast reconstruction, alternative reconstructive techniques (tissue cultures, artificial skin), implants, LASER surgery.