Considering the Non-Narrative nature of the Fine Arts as given,
the Narration as an action field/"tool" of the Performing Arts (Theater, Cinema, Animation and Comic),
and restoring the "Experimental Cinema" works to their "appropriate" Place,
we find a Separate Genealogy of "videos” that are Purely Visual ,
showing PHENOMENA, on which, "possible" (and "unlikely") NARRATIONS of Viewers/Observers are intertwined.
Students of the course: "PHENOMENA / NON-NARRATIVE VIDEOS FOR AUDIOVISUAL INSTALLATIONS",
are invited to work on the theme: SPACE-VOLUME-TIME,
set by the Artistic Pioneer of the early Avantgarde of beginning of Modernism, to the present day.
Mobile Video Cameras can be used as a tool for the recording of OPTICAL EVENTS.
As an audio source can be used any possible Sound stimulus that creates the appropriate association.
Commercial, or, open source Digital Application can be used as editing tools.
The purpose is to activate "mechanisms" of Abstract Subjective Thinking,
to gain the Visualization Experience of Abstract Concepts,
to develop a Personal, Visual, Event Management Methodology,
but also familiarity with the "Tools" of Interlocking Digital Images.
The goal is, finally, to create standalone, Self-contained Artworks / NON-NARRATIVE VIDEOS FOR AUDIOVISUAL INSTALLATION and test them in Exhibition Conditions.
Course Content (Syllabus)
DESIGN WITH ANALOG AND DIGITAL MEDIA, ILLUSTRATION AND NARRATION 1 - "CONCEPT ART"
Personal Suggestions for one of the following topics:
• "Normandy fall of Thessaloniki"
• "Thessaloniki Zealots Revolution"
• "Cretan archers, the last defenders of Constantinople"
• "Thessaloniki, Mermaid sister of Alexander the Great"
• Typed version of personal “History” / Preface.
• Color Map of History / Event Script.
• "Typolog of Historical Period (buildings, clothing, etc.) *
• Drafts / Illustrations of Heroes (figure outline / face/outline ). *
• General "action scenes" (from 5 to 15 "scenes"), *
• Written 'justification' of Conceptual Options and Artistic Solutions.
• "figure" and "face" Clay Molds (pieces 2).
FINAL SUMMER SEMESTER WORK: 1.COMIC vs 2.GAME.
1. STORYBOARD / COMIC: 7-page Illustration of "History" / "Dialogues" - Layout.
2. Game Board - Game Pawns - Game Rules - Production / "Packaging Presentation".
"CONCEPT ART"-COMIC-GAME: "Normandy fall of Thessaloniki" • "Thessaloniki Zealotεs Revolution" • "Cretan Αrchers, the last defenders of Constantinople" • "Thessaloniki, Mermaid sister of Alexander the Great"
Course Bibliography (Eudoxus)
1. “Η Αλωση της Κωνσταντινούπολης”, Εκδόσεος ΠΑΠΑΔΗΜΑ, Συγγραφέας: STEVEN RUNCIMAN, ISBN: 978-960-206-479-5.
2. “GRAPHIC DESIGN”, Εκδόσεις GRAMMA, Συγγραφέας: Πάνος Κωνσταντόπουλος, ISBN: 960 867 53 40.