After the end of this course the students will be able to:
1) Know about the spatial and temporal organization of grazing
2) Estimate the nutritive value of forages
3) Determine the digestibility of forage species in vivo and vitro
4) Calculate the forage intake of grazing animals
5) Estimate the anti-quality factors of forages
Course Content (Syllabus)
Relations of range vegetation with domestic and wild ungulates. Grazing behavior of livestock and effects on environmental balance. Nutritive value of range forage and its importance for animal production. Spatial and temporal grazing organization for optimization of multipurpose production.