Course Content (Syllabus)
TEACHING UNITS OF THEORETICAL (a) AND PRACTICAL PART (b)
1. a) The apparatus of Gymnastics (Classification, Use, Handling, Combinations, Security, Dimensions, particularities).
b) Exercises and games for acquaintance, preparation and familiarization with the apparatus of Gymnastics.
2. a) Gymnastics as a sport, as an activity and as a subject of Physical education. Chronology.
b) Exercise forms in the gymnastics apparatus. (Circular, stations, games, etc.). Learning the movements and acquisition of basic positions-postures.
3. a) The terminology of Gymnastics. The types of movements in Gymnastics.
b) Exercise forms for development of orientation in curves around the body axes. Forward and backward rolls.
4. a) The Fundamental basic techniques of swings in the apparatus of Gymnastics.
b) Support swings and Hanging swings in different apparatus.
5. a) The Handstand. Technical and methodical learning process.
b) Circuit practicing in special exercises for the acquisition and improvement of the Handstand.
6. a) The jumps in school sports. The characteristics of gymnastic and acrobatic jumps.
b) jumps and flights. Practicing basic gymnastic jumps with varying types.
7. a) Squat vault. Technical and methodical learning process.
b) Teaching and practicing of Squat vault.
8. a) Cartwheel and Round off. Technical and methodical learning process.
b) Teaching and practice of Cartwheel and Round off.
9. a) Straddle vault. Technical and methodical learning process.
b) Teaching and practicing of Straddle vault.
10. a) Pendulum and circle swings. Technical and methodical learning process.
b) Teaching and practicing of Pendulum swings. Legs undercut from the side support.
11. a) The forward and backward uprise. Features, technical and methodical learning process.
b) Learning of forward and backward uprise under easy conditions.
12. a) Combinations of exercises and programs composition οn the apparatus of Gymnastics.
b) Training in basic combinations of exercises that have been taught.
13. a) Summary and discussion of the major themes of the material.
b) Group training for the composition and for the execution of programs on the apparatus of Gymnastics.