The aim of the course is to give students theoretical and practical knowledge on general and specific issues of musical and dance our traditions, so they are able to meet teaching needs in terms of Greek traditional dance, in all levels of education and cultural associations. The course is aimed at future teachers of Physical Education to learn about the traditions and customs of the Greek people, moral, aesthetic and educational value as derived from them and participate in the dissemination to the younger generations
Course Content (Syllabus)
1. Introduction to Greek dancing.
2. History of Greek dance (dance in ancient Greece).
3. Laografia- Ethnochorologia.
4. The study of dance in Greece.
5. Identification of music theory.
6. The teaching of Greek traditional dance.
7. Morphological analysis of dances multimedia.
8. Dance, rhythm and movement.
9. Dance in Greek society.
10. Greek folk musical organ musicians.
11. History of Greek dance (dance in the Roman period).
12. Dancing repertorio- position of man and woman in it.
13. Viewing video from field recordings - critical discussion analysis.