Course Content (Syllabus)
1. Introduction. History of TKD and Martial Arts.
2. Emergence of unarmed and armed combat in Ancient Greece.
3. History and evolution of TKD in Greece.
4. Philosophy of TKD.
5. Coach’s philosophy and goals.
6. TKD training at a young age: physical development, training goals, assembly skills, technique and tactic,
psychokinetic development, aerobic/anaerobic endurance, strength, speed, suppleness, flexibility, agility.
7. TKD-specific games and exercises, appropriate for children aged 4-6, 7-9, 10-12.
8. Adolescent training: technique, tactic, physical condition.
9. Analysis of TKD sparring: technique, tactic, physical condition, psychology, and other factors affecting performance.
10. Brainfunction in TKD. Processing of information, decision-making and practice of sparring tactics.
11. Instruction-Methodology of TKD sparring.
12. Instruction-Methodology of traditional TKD.
A. Taekwondo Sparring
1. Basic stances and kinesiology of sparring.
2. Basic kicking and hand techniques.
3. Sparring techniques: attack and counterattack hand techniques.
4. Sparring techniques: combinations of hand and kicking techniques: Yop chagi, Paltung chagi.
5. Feigns and techniques on target pads: Yop chagi, Dollyo chagi.
6. Attack/counterattack steps with hand and kicking techniques: Dwit chagi, Yop chagi, Dollyo chagi.
7. Variations of sparring combinations techniques (2-3).
8. Counterattack hand and kicking techniques.
9. Side movement and sparring techniques (I).
10. Side movement and sparring techniques (II).
11. Sparring combinations techniques.
12. Attack/counterattack kicking and hand techniques (I).
13. Attack/counterattack kicking and hand techniques (II).
B. Traditional Taekwondo
1. Tul basic techniques (blocks and steps).
2. Shadow sparring: 1st Tul Chon Ji. Three pre-determined steps, without an opponent.
3. Shadow sparring: 2nd Tul Dan Gun. Three pre-determined steps, with an opponent.
4. Shadow sparring: 3rd Tul Do San. Two pre-determined steps with an opponent.
5. Shadow sparring: 4th Tul Won Hyo. Two pre-determined steps with an opponent.
6. Shadow sparring: 5th Tul Yul Kok. One pre-determined step with an opponent.
7. Shadow sparring: 6th Tul Joong Gun. Semi free, one-step defence, one-step attack.
Taekwondo, history, philosophy, teaching, childhood, technique, kinesiology, traditional Taekwondo, Tul.