Initial contact and familiarization of students with badminton, learning the technique of basic strokes and special rules of this racquet sport, in order to acquire the essential experience and become able to compete in a match without the presence of an Umpire. Learning of the teaching methods for transmitting the knowledge and skills acquired, to other people who might be interested in the sport (athletes or students of initial-beginners level).
Course Content (Syllabus)
- Familiarization exercises with the play equipment (shuttle and racquet).
- Court facilities. Orientation on the playground area.
- Teaching methods of the basic strokes Clear, Smash, Drop, Lift in forehand and backhand, kinematic analysis of these stroke characteristics, common and possible errors in each stroke, correction of errors.
- Introduction to high and low service. Service faults.
- Beginning of a match after toss and choice of ends & service.
- Rules of badminton. Player loses or wins point.
- Scoring in a match.
- Movement of players on the court and analysis of their special footwork.
- Introduction and improvement in singles and doubles.
Badminton, raquet sport, rules, score keeping, singles and doubles in Badminton