Before the completion of this course each student should be able to:
1) Understand and display knowledge on sound technology systems, and audio recording devices and stereo techniques.
2) Display practical skills in surround sound recording.
3) Carry out a multitrack recording of a musical performance.
Course Content (Syllabus)
Topical outline of the course:
1. Music production process (Recording, Editing, Mixing and Maszering
2. Sound recording systems for surround sound (5.1 and 7.1)
3. Recording techniques for surround sound (5.1 and 7.1)
4. Audio processing software. "Logic", "ProTools" "Samplitude"
5. Digital sound processing
6. Directing of recording with score sheets
Additional bibliography for study
1. Hurtig, Brent., Sharp, J. D. (1988). Multi-track recording for musicians.GPI Publications ; Alfred Pub. Co.
2. Ballou, Glen. (1991). Handbook for sound engineers: the new audio cyclopedia
Howard W. Sams & Co.