After the successful completion of "Structural Aluminium", the students are expected to:
1) Obtain knowledge on properties of structural aluminium and its alloys.
2) Increase familiarity on design aspects of aluminium structures.
3) Be able to use current codification provisions (Eurocode 9)
4) To know data on aluminium industry and relative building products
5) To be able to cooperate (through the collaborative project) and to be introduced to scientific writing.
Course Content (Syllabus)
Aluminium and aluminium alloys- Material properties. Manufacture. Extrusion. Aluminium load bearing structures.Eurocode 9 provisions and design criteria. Local buckling. Heat affected zones. Aluminium connections. Special aspects in execution.
Aluminium and aluminium alloys, Builidng applications, Eurocode 9, Αluminium connections