Acquaintance and familiarization with static and dynamic aquatic physical activities. Learning how to plan educational programs in the water with the view of rehabilitation, relaxation and physical fitness.
Course Content (Syllabus)
1. Introduction to aquagym. Body’s functional characteristics. Properties of water.
2. History, concepts, teaching methods, equipment for aquagym and aquaerobics.
3. Teaching methods of aquagym for persons with health disorders.
4. Flotation in prone, supine and upright position. Physiology and hydrodynamics.
5. Instructional strategies. Basic steps and exercises. Use of hands during water exercise.
6. Steps and variant exercises. Use of equipment. Water games.
7. Steps and exercises in shallow and deep water.
8. Aquagym as a mean of rehabilitation and recreation for people with disabilities.
9. An aquaerobics session in shallow water.
10. An aquaerobics session accompanied with music in shallow water.
11. An aquaerobics session accompanied by music with different intensities.
12. Presentation of aquagym sessions by the students.
13. Revision. Semester testing preparation.