Students will be able to identify the cornerstones of Pedagogy-Psychology. More specifically to understand issues related to motor, cognitive, emotional and social development. Also, to be able to discuss isuues of learning and teaching. Finally, students will be able to discuss research evidence on motivation, interpersonal communication, and teachers' expectations.
Course Content (Syllabus)
1. Conepts, aims and objectives of pedagogical psychology
2. Theory and evidence on children's developemnt
3. Nature and nurture
4. Motor and cognitive development
5. personality, emotional and social development
6. Psychological theories in teaching and learning
7. Developmental stages
8. Gender issues, exercise and PE
9. Needs, motives and interest in school life.
10. Interpersonal communication in PE classes
11. Social discrimination and racism in PE and Sport
12. Wnvironemnt and pedagogy
13. Teacher's pedagogical personality