Course Content (Syllabus)
the lesson contains:
1) fundamental references on the musical history along with relative video projections, listening of sound archives and power point presentations
2) study material of all musical periods' songs from 1927 to 1980
3)presentation and study of characteristic examples, forms and music excerpts in order students to consolidate composing manners of this genre
4) continuous music practice and performance of about 80-90 musical songs
5) focus : a) on musical composers I. Berlin, G. Gershwin, C. Porter b) on musical "West Side Story" c) on musicals "Cabaret", "Fiddler on the roof", " Hair" d) on selected songs of other musicals as, i.e. "Calamity Jane", "Mame", "42th street" e.t.c.
6) special lessons on musical dance and on musical voice approach