Upon successful completion of the course, students will:
- Produce ceramic sculptures and sculptures in clay, plaster, marble, metal, wood, and resins.
- Correlate critical thinking and artistic practice during the creating procedure of a 3D object.
- Complete the given framework of human figure studies from the live model in different scales.
- Further develop their visual discourse both in their work and as well as in the other artists’ work.
- Enhance the ability to address issues on form and content in sculpture in their personal artistic vocabulary.
- Use art terminology in presenting their artistic proposal in sculpture.
Course Content (Syllabus)
The class includes combined exercises with ceramic sculpture, clay, plaster, marble, metal, wood, resins, and various materials, that integrate critical thinking with artistic practice during the creation of three-dimensional objects. Students further develop a critical discourse both on their work as well as on other artists.
In this semester observation studies on human figures from the live model are concluded. The aim to further enhance students’ ability to address issues on form and content in sculpture in their personal artistic vocabulary that will serve as a tool for producing a contemporary sculptural proposal in the following years remains.
Extended students’ research on contemporary sculpture and its place in the present. Presentation of a specific topic focused on contemporary sculptors and trends through which the students will further develop their artistic research by using bibliography from the library, visits to museums, art spaces, and the internet.
Artistic activities and exhibitions are organized, in collaboration with social and educational institutes to enhance both students' artistic and educational skills.
Course Bibliography (Eudoxus)
Βιβλία  Η ελληνική γλυπτική, Rolley Claude
Βιβλία  Τέχνη και Καλλιτέχνες, Βασίλι Καντίνσκι
Βιβλία  Τα παπούτσια του Van Gogh, Ζακ Ντεριντά - Μάρτιν Χάιντεγκερ - Meyer Schapiro, Επιμέλεια: Δασκαλοθανάσης Νίκος