Students at the end of the semester must have basic knowledge of the structure, function and potential of the possibilities offered by the Internet.
They must also be able:
- To conduct research and utilize the Internet using advanced search techniques to retrieve any kind of information (text, audio clips, etc.)
- To use synchronous and asynchronous communication services on the net
- To use word processing, spreadsheets and presentation software for academic use
- To investigate and exploit web bibliographic resources of any kind
- Τo understand bibliographic standards and to properly use bibliographic resources in academic texts
Course Content (Syllabus)
The course aims to provide a basic background of technological knowledge to the Department students based on their needs as future foreign language teachers.
Among the topics considered are:
- Operating Systems, software and hardware: Basic knowledge.
- The Internet and its basic concepts and functions
- Basic notions on Network protocols and web services
- Search engines and advanced search techniques
- Multimedia files management on the Internet.
- Advanced knowledge of office software for academic use: text processing, spreadsheets, presentations and email software
- ITC/AUTH’s Digital Services. Webmail and Digital Libraries AUTH
- Bibliographic systems and proper use of bibliographic sources for academic purposes