Course Content (Syllabus)
The aim of the course is the study of particle acceleration basic principles and types of accelerators. It is the study of basic physical principles used in the detection, the identification and measurement of particles and methods in managing nuclear and particle physics experiments data.
· Cross section, decays and lifetimes, interactions kinematics.
· Accelerators, history and applications.
· Accelerator Physics, particle acceleration.
· Magnetic fields, particle beam focus, beam cooling.
. Particle detection; Principles and Applications
· Interaction of charged particles.
· Interaction of radiation with matter.
· Trajectories of charged particles.
· Radiation Cherenkov.
· Trigger and data acquisition
. Reconstruction of physical objects