Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
understand the rules of the sport of rowing and how the races are organized
implement the basic guidelines and safety measures for boat navigation
describe the basic rowing techniques for navigating boats
recognize the historicity of rowing as a timeless activity in our country
Course Content (Syllabus)
• Historical development. Content of the course.
• Standard equipment. Types of vessels.
• Athlete categories. Contest organization.
• Technique of lateral/double paddling.
• Entry and exit from the vessel.
• Equilibrium exercises with assistant, safety position.
• Apply the technique of double paddling on board.
• Apply the technique of lateral paddling on board.
• Movements/navigation of the vessels
• Athlete categories. Contest organization. Regulations.