1) Understanding of the electronic configuration of the atom and of the periodic properties of the elements.
2) Understanding of the various types of chemical bonds.
3) Correlation between atom hybridization and compound structure.
4) Understanding of electrolyte solutions properties.
5) Understanding of basic thermodynamics and kinetics of chemical reactions.
6) Understanding of the physicochemical properties of water depending on its occurrence in chemical compounds.
Course Content (Syllabus)
Early quantum description of the atom.
Electronic configuration of the atom, atomic orbitals.
Periodic properties of the chemical elements.
Covalent and ionic bond, formation and energetics, molecular orbitals.
Atom hybridization, hybrid orbitals, correlation between hybridization and compound structure.
Chemical reaction characterization, basic thermodynamics and kinetics.
Electrolyte solutions, weak electrolyte dissociation, pH.
Geological classification of the elements, isotopes and their applications.
Physicochemical characteristics of water as solvent, water occurrence in chemical compounds
Atom configuration, chemical bond, chemical reaction, structure of chemical compounds, water
Course Bibliography (Eudoxus)
1. "ΣΤΟΙΧΕΙΑ ΓΕΝΙΚΗΣ ΧΗΜΕΙΑΣ",2η Έκδοση, Π. ΑΚΡΙΒΟΣ, Π. ΧΑΤΖΗΔΗΜΗΤΡΙΟΥ, ΕΚΔΟΣΕΙΣ ΖΗΤΗ, ΘΕΣΣΑΛΟΝΙΚΗ,ΣΕΛ. 504, 2017.