Course Content (Syllabus)
This field trip covers a variety of topics related to Introduction to Mineralogy and Introduction to Geology courses:
• Rock identification in the field.
• Classification of igneous, sedimentary and metamorphic rocks.
• Identification of faults, joints and folds in the field.
• Visit at an inactive marble quarry.
• Contact metamorphism zone and its associated minerals.
• Erosion, transport and deposition processes.
• Use of geological compass to measure geometrical properties of geological surfaces.
Faults, folds, igneous rocks, sedimentary rocks, metamorphic rocks, contact metamorphism, geomorphology