Upon successful completion of the course, students will have:
- Understood the basic principles of a text’s transfer to the stage
- Become familiar with the features of stage narration
- Learned to collaborate creatively and offer guidance to actors
- Learned to solve stage problems
- Learned to manage the stage space in terms of aesthetics
Course Content (Syllabus)
The first workshop course, of a series of courses, on Directing, with compulsory participation. The emphasis on the ability of the director to adapt a text for the stage, to place it in space and to work with others. Within this context, the student are exposed to methods of text handling and acting and, at the same time, they suggest and apply stage and esthetic solutions for specific texts they are directing.