Βy the end of the class, students should have
- Familiarised themselves with stage terminology and language
- Developed their own aesthetics
- Learned how to work with their team
- Acquired staging and directing abilities
- Achieved a certain degree of re-evaluation in their work through repeated feedbacks
Course Content (Syllabus)
A practice-based course, with obligatory attendance, which results in individual stage directing projects, lasting 30-40 minutes, with specific requirements, e.g. type of text, number of actors etc. In the spring semester of 2019-20, students are asked to choose a single writer and create small performances based and inspired on his work. The creation/construction of a ‘production text’ is a basic goal of the course.