Course Content (Syllabus)
The course aims to introduce the students to liturgical studies and initiate them into the wealth and aesthetics of the orthodox Worship.
1. General introduction to the orthodox Worship.
2. Brief history of the orthodox Worship. 3. The Christian church - liturgical and aesthetic vision.
4. The liturgical vessels.
5. The sacred vestments.
6. The liturgical books.
7. Services of day and night – liturgical terminology.
8. The Divine Liturgy of the speech.
9. The Divine Liturgy of the faithful.
10. The aesthetics of the Divine Liturgy.
11. Order in the Divine Liturgy.
12. The aesthetics of the liturgical speech.
13. Tradition and revision of the liturgical arts.