After the successful completion of the teaching of the 13 teaching units:
- students will have knowledge related to the two concepts of Order and Freedom, with the prospect of the possibility of renewing regular legislation.
- They will be able to analyze and describe the terms Order and Freedom.
- To compare the above terms in terms of similarities and differences between them.
- And they will be able to describe the functionality and application of these two concepts in the timeless practice of the Church, liturgical and pastoral.
Course Content (Syllabus)
The elective course offers the specialized knowledge related to the basic concepts of freedom and order, as well as the perspective of renewal of canon law based on modern reality.
The 13 teaching units are structured as follows:
1. The Holy and Great Synod (Crete 2016) and its decisions. The issue of Diaspora.
2. The Holy and Great Synod (Crete 2016) and its decisions. The subject of fasting.
3. The Holy and Great Synod (Crete 2016) and its decisions. Inter-Orthodox and Inter-Christian relations.
4. The Holy and Great Synod (Crete 2016) and its decisions. The theme of Marriage.
5. The Synodal institution at the Pan-Orthodox level.
6. The haircut after the ordination.
7. The position of women in public worship.
8. Monasticism and priesthood.
9. Monasticism and priesthood.
10. The normal context of the canonization.
11. The mystery of confession. Normal and pastoral perspective.
12. The normal conscience in ecclesiastical practice.
13. Canon Law and modern reality. Evaluative capture.