• become familiar with the concept of visual literacy, with an emphasis on artworks, and will practice the search and interpretation of features and symbols that lead to multimodal reading
• learn to enjoy works of art not only from an aesthetic point of view
• Collaborate with each other and experiment with small projects using ICT with the aim to teach / interpret literary texts as well as historical events through works of art
• understand the power of Art as a tool for multimodal reading of various texts and fields of knowledge
Course Content (Syllabus)
The aim of the course is to acquaint students with the broad concept of "images" and the multidimensional power of the work of art. Moreover, various ways of 'reading' life phenomena, history, literature and other subjects of the school curriculum will be explored.
Art as an open- illustrated book telling various stories at the same time: of the creator, of the depicted, of their time, of the place, the world and our culture.
Learning about History and Literature through visual arts
Multimodal reading of texts through the arts
Art, History of Art, Art and Literature, Art and History, Multimodal reading, Visual Literacy
Course Bibliography (Eudoxus)
• Kress & Van Leeuven, Η Ανάγνωση των Εικόνων: Η Γραμματική του Οπτικού Σχεδιασμού, 2010, ISBN: 978-960-458-266-2, Εκδόσεις ΕΠΙΚΕΝΤΡΟ, Κωδικός Βιβλίου στον Εύδοξο: 58637
• Ουμπέρτο Έκο, Η ομορφιά της λίστας,2010, ISBN: 978-960-03-5106-4, εκδότης ΑΘΑΝΑΣΙΟΣ Α. ΚΑΣΤΑΝΙΩΤΗΣ ΑΕΒΕΔΕ. Κωδικός Βιβλίου στον Εύδοξο 12672375