Students will be able to:
• Learn the key and critical features of the functions of sport management, linking them to the goals of the sports clubs.
• Analyze the sport market and its internal / external environment.
• Learn how to solve problems based on theories
• Develop marketing and public relations plan as well as a sponsorship plan for the sports club.
Course Content (Syllabus)
1. The sports industry and the sports organization.
2. The sports club
3. The characteristics of sports managers
4. The characteristics of sports products / services
5. The sport consumer
6. Strategic and functional planning. Problem solving decision-making.
7. Organization and staffing of the functional sections of the sports club
8. Administration leadership and control of the sports club
9. Personnel development and administration. Relationships with parents and partners
10. The marketing plan of the sports club
11. The sponsorship of the sports club
12. Public relations of the sports club
13. Management of sports facilities and sporting events
Additional bibliography for study
• Mullin, B. J., Hardy, S., & Sutton, W. A. (2000). Sport Marketing. Champaign IL: Human Kinetics
• Robinson, M. (2010) Sport Club Management. Champaign IL: Human Kinetics