a. Contact ability and familiarization with individuals with disabilities or with special educational needs.
b. Ability of assessing physical condition aspects and determining developmental(mobility, flexibility) levels of persons with disabilities or with special educational needs.
c. Ability of preparing and implementing psychomotor therapy, physiotherapy and kinesiotherapy programs,for improvement and restoration of motor impairments.
d. Ability to design and implement appropriate adapted physical education and adapted exercise programs for individuals with disabilities or with special educational needs so as to improve fitness, motor abilities and motor dexterities, promote the socialization and improve the quality of their life.
Course Content (Syllabus)
ADAPTED / SPECIAL PHYSICAL EDUCATION
1. Social approach to people with disabilities. Basic concepts - Socialization - Social inclusion.
2. Games to enhance socialization of children with disability.
3. Exercise programs to address muscle weakness and posture improvement.
4. Exercise training programs for individuals with cerebral palsy.
5. Exercise training programs for individuals with spinal cord injury.
6. Sports, leisure and recreation activities for individuals with cerebral palsy.
7. Sports, leisure and recreation activities for individuals with spinal cord injury.
8. Exercise training programs for people with Neurological Disorders (Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, Multiple Sclerosis).
9. Exercise training programs for people with mental illness.
10. Exercise training programs for people with learning disabilities.
11. The concept of "normality" in physical and mental health: A reference to neurodevelopmental disorders.
12. Theory of mind and neurodevelopmental disorders.
13. Evolutionary approaches to autism.
1. Physiotherapy and fibromyalgia.
2. Physical therapy in old age.
3. Physiotherapy and arthritis.
4. Physiotherapeutic programs for arthritis and the elderly.
5. Physiotherapy and multiple sclerosis.
6. Physiotherapy and cancer.
7. Physiotherapeutic programs for patients with multiple sclerosis and cancer.
8. Physical examination of the spine and extremities.
9. Physiotherapeutic programs of spine deformities.
10. Physiotherapy for hemiplegia and paraplegia.
11. Physiotherapy and quadriplegia.
12. Therapeutic exercise and proprioception.
13. Presentation of student works.
developmental disorders, disability, physical therapy, exercise, adapted physical activity
Course Bibliography (Eudoxus)
1. Άσκηση και αναπηρία. Δ Κοκαρίδας, Εκδόσεις Χριστοδουλίδη, Θεσσαλονίκη, 2010
2. Προσαρμοσμένη Φυσική Δραστηριότητα, Αναψυχή & Σπορ. Sherrill C. Εκδοτικός οίκος: BROKEN HILL PUBLISHERS LTD