After successful completion of the course, the student will be able to:
• The contribution the role of education to multiculturalism
• Understand the value of lifelong education
• understand the principles of Social Theory in the light of pagkosmoiopoiisis
• grasp the interdependence between sport and society
• Distinguish the different forms of the sociology of education and sport
• Understand the importance of leisure sport and competitive sport in the local community
• understand the structures of the social groups to education and sport
• understand the relationship between sport and walks
• Investigate the dependence of sport on social structures and its importance for society
Course Content (Syllabus)
1.Basic concepts of Sociology and Pedagogy
2. Structures and functions of the educational system
4. Social Stratification
5. Inequalities in Access to Higher Education / Association of Higher Education to the Labour Market
6. Competition in sports.
Child and champioship.
7. The theoretical perspectives on the relationship sport and society. Socialization through sport.
8. Symptoms possible adjustment problems after disconnecting from competitive sport.
9. Recreation, leisure and participation in physical activities.
10. Social problems of sport for people with disabilities.
11. Equality and discrimination in sport by gender and racial / ethnic groups.
12. Social classes and diversification in the choice of sport.
13. Sports, politics and violence.
14. Economy and Sport.
15. Mass media and sports.
16. Sports and social deviations (doping, hooliganism, teenage crime).
17. Presentation of the work.