They will learn the basic principles of transplantation. Transplant immunology, methods of transplantation, selection of donors and recipients for transplantation, organ transplant methods and monitoring of transplants. As transplants increase and the problems they present are varied, all physicians will be asked to treat such patients, so the basic principles of transplants, which are generally considered advanced health care, will be necessary.
Course Content (Syllabus)
1.Introduction to organ and tissue transplantation
2. Brain Death -Organ grafts Procurement and Preservation
3. Basic principles of transplant immunology
4. Kidney Transplant: Selection-Preparation-Follow up
5. Kidney transplantation: Surgical technique
6. Pancreatic transplantation-Pancreatic islet transplantation
7. Pediatric transplants
8. Heart-lung transplant
9. Liver transplantation: Selection-Preparation-Monitoring of a liver transplant recipient
10. Liver transplantation: Surgical techniques
11. Regenerative Medicine. The future of transplants.