Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
1. understand the aims of the EU institutions and bodies
2. use the Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) terminology
3. learn about the world trade policy agreements on agricultural products distrubition
4. get informed about the opportunities that CAP gives to the producers of agricultural products as well as the importance of CAP existence
5. learn about the international institutions and organisations that apply agricultural policy
Course Content (Syllabus)
EU aims, objectives, institutions, bodies and committees on agriculture and rural development. Presentation of food organisations with focus on the Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO), the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)as well as the World Trade Organisation (WTO). Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) in the EU. History and Objectives of the CAP. Evolution and Reforms. Structural Policy in the EU. Common Organisation of the Market in Agricultural Products in the EU. Regional Policy in the EU. Trade Policy in the EU. Funds of CAP. Common Agricultural Policy of FAO, OECD, WTO. European Integration.