After the successful completion of the course the students will be able to:
- classify new contractual forms of modern economy in the system of Private Law provisions
- identify the legal provisions that are applicable mutatis mutandis in order to fill any legal gap regarding the new contractual formations
- propose the appropriate legal framework for the new contractual formations through the examination of all the similar legal provisions of Private Law
- be able to develop arguments and resolve legal cases on issues concerning the materials covered in the course.
Course Content (Syllabus)
1. Mixed and informal types of contract as enacted in legislation. The method of treating regulatory gaps in Contract Law.
2-3. The leasing contract: Different forms and function of the contract. Remedies for non-performance.
4-5. The factoring contract: Different forms and performance. Cases of non-performance.
6. Time-sharing contracts: Typology and non-performance.
7.Consulting contracts: Typology and non-performance.
8.The management contract: Typology and non-performance.
9-10. The banking agreement for a joint credit account: Typology, function and non-performance.
11. The credit card contract: Typology and non-performance.
12-13. Intellectual property contracts (copyright, patents, intellectual and related property rights): Typology, legal nature, general principles, legal framework, and remedies for non-performance.
14. Contracts for creating and managing software, web-design, web-hosting.
15-16. The commercial agency agreement and other distribution contracts: Formation and functions.
17-18. The franchise contract: Typology, functions and non-performance.
19. The issue of client compensation in commercial agency agreements, in franchising contracts and other distribution contracts.
20-21. Delivery order contracts, with an emphasis on transport orders and stock ordering.
22. Agent-organized travel contracts and hotel accommodation contracts.
23. Contract Law under the lens of “economic analysis”.
24-25. The technique of drafting contracts and its practical significance.