Students are expected that, within the course:
• acquire knowledge and skills through synthetic practice on issues of great complexity
• Manage multi-parameter issues and specific approaches to each synthetic subject
• combine synthetic with analytical thinking about architecture (trends, buildings, architects etc ...)
• gain experience through planning on issues of developing complex and comprehensive proposals
• will deepen the construction logic and materiality
• Be familiar with the design processes throughout their range, from the creation of ideas to their final presentation.
Course Content (Syllabus)
Design Studio 8 "Articulations" utilizes the already gained knowledge from the studios of the previous years to approach a building program of higher compositional complexity. The studio investigates design subjects emerging from contemporary architectural explorations and within demanding contextual settings with aim: 1. the emergence of the need to quest and explore multidimensional aspects, 2. the structure of a personal solution program to approach the abovementioned complexity, 3. the development of a consistent approach in theoretical and practical aspects of architecture design.
The studio attempts a critical investigation and synthetic documentation of different design aspects. Students are invited to handle complex issues that integrate at the same time both functional, typological, urban, conceptional and construction demands, and propose complete, consistent, architectural solutions.