Upon completion of this course, students will be able:
1. To understand key concepts involved in crucial tree processes.
2. To realize the relationship between tree morphology and tree function.
3. To comprehend the environmental influence on tree growth and consequently on forest production.
4. To manage, protect and cultivate forest trees by knowing how a tree actually grows up.
5. To be fully informed of the last biotechnological advances regarding tree function.
Course Content (Syllabus)
Physiology and ecophysiology of forest trees (water balance, photosynthesis, nitrogen biological binding and metabolism, physiology of germination and ageing, factors affecting tree metabolism, tree physiology under extreme environmental conditions).
tree physiology, photosynthesis, water relations, nitrogen fixation, senescence, stress.