After successful course completion, students should be able to:
- recognize, describe, interprete and master necessary knowledge upon general and specific subjects on exercise effect, on sports training and fitness preservation, improving and restoring health and the impact of physical inactivity on the overall health.
- distinguish and assess the scientific knowlegde of sports medicine, with a view not seldom his individual prophylaxis during his sport actitvities as a trainee, but mainly as a tutor-professor of Physical Education with all academic and social implications.
Course Content (Syllabus)
• Effect of exercise upon different human systems
• Environment and exercise
• Exercise and the minor
• Exercise and females
• Exercise and the elder
• Exercise upon general population
• Trainees and medical testing
• Trainees most frequent symptoms during exercise
• Sudden death
• Doping-definition-classification-side effects
Course Bibliography (Eudoxus)
1)ΙΑΤΡΙΚΗ ΤΗΣ ΑΘΛΗΣΗΣ (ΚΩΔΙΚΟΣ 17329)-ΑΣΤΕΡΙΟΣ Π.ΔΕΛΗΓΙΑΝΝΗΣ,ΕΚΔΟΣΕΙΣ UNIVERSITY STUDIO PRESS A.E,1992,ΘΕΣ/ΝΙΚΗ.
2)ΑΘΛΗΤΙΑΤΡΙΚΗ (ΚΩΔΙΚΟΣ 13256335)-BROKEN HILL PUBLISHERS LTD,ΕΚΔΟΣΕΙΣ ΠΑΣΧΑΛΙΔΗ,2002,ΑΘΗΝΑ.