After the completion of the course the students will be able to:
• execute Clear forehand/backhand, Drop forehand, Lift forehand/backhand, Service low/high, and Smash strokes with a correct technic,
• recognize frequent technic errors in the execution of the above strokes,
• use ways and methods to correct technic errors,
• know the Greek translation and the meaning of basic terms of the English terminology of the sport,
• apply the rules of the sport,
• compete individually in singles, and as a team in doubles, with or without the presence of an umpire,
• to teach basic elements of the sport to people who are interested in playing badminton (athletes or students) who are at the beginner level.
Course Content (Syllabus)
- Familiarization exercises with the play equipment (shuttle and racquet).
- Court facilities. Orientation on the playground area.
- Teaching methods of the basic strokes Clear, Smash, Drop, Lift in forehand and backhand, kinematic analysis of these stroke characteristics, common and possible errors in each stroke, correction of errors.
- Introduction to high and low service. Service faults.
- Beginning of a match after toss and choice of ends & service.
- Rules of badminton. Player loses or wins point.
- Scoring in a match.
- Movement of players on the court and analysis of their special footwork.
- Introduction and improvement in singles and doubles.
Badminton, raquet sport, rules, score keeping, singles and doubles in Badminton