Students will be expected upon the successive completion of the course:
• To know the basic technique in sprints ,jumps and throws ( hurdles, high jump , discus throwing ,stipple, triple jump , javelin throwing)
• To acquire the teaching methods of track and field events through the use of different exercise and way of execution, adapted to the requirements of a school curriculum
• To linktheory with practice through their personal participation in motor learning activities of the basic techniques and exercises for their optimizationthe steps to follow in order to teach others
• To become familiar with the organization and presentation of a physical education course focused on teaching technical and physical skills of track and field sports in order to assimilate basic knowledge in the context of the team-collaborative process
• To practice in the planning and organization of the teaching of the course with the subject of "track and field sports" according to the rules and principles that govern the age and the school.
Course Content (Syllabus)
Analysis of the technique in sprints and relay race ,
long jump ,
shot put throwing ,
and high jump
and steps to follow in order to teach new athletes.