Students will be expected upon the successive completion of the course:
• Το know the complete technique of speed and obstacle routes, long, high and short jumps and ball, disc, hammer and javelin throws.
• To acquire the basic techniques of athletics through experiential exercise with special exercises and methods of perfecting the movement as they are done in developmental and high performance sports
• Τobe able to constructtraining programs for technical and physical abilities in the context of a long cycle for the championship.
• To design an individual training program of the Athletics competitions based on the new program design trends as it emerges from the literature
• To plan and organize competitive sports activities in a school and clubs championship
Course Content (Syllabus)
- Biomechanics of sprints
- Biomechanics of Hurdles speeds
- Learning and perfecting the technique of sprints
- Learning and perfecting the technique of sprints with Hurdles
- Sprints methodology, special exercises and techniques
- Errors - technical corrections, differences based on age and training
- Biomechanics of jumps
- Biomechanics of Throws
- Special throwing development exercises
- Special jump development exercises
- scientific reports on track and field sports.
- training of physical condition and technique of track and field competitions.
- Configuration of training in basic age and in the championship,
- New trends and research in training in track and field sports
training methods, track and field training, Sprints, Jumps, throws
Course Bibliography (Eudoxus)
Δρόμοι, ταχύτητες, εμπόδια, Μεγάλες αποστάσεις, βάδην.1993, Heinrich, W.D, Αραμπατζή Φ.
Θεωρία και μεθοδολογία προπονητικής αλμάτων κλασικού αθλητισμού. Παναγιώτης Βεληγκέκας και Γρηγόρης Μπογδάνης, Π.Χ. Πασχαλίδης