Upon successful completion of the course, the students will be able to:
• knowledge of the organization of official statistics in Greece and Europe
• knowledge of the regulations of data collection and data dissemination
• insight in the architecture of databases
• knowledge of the use of administrative data in the production of Official Statistics
• knowledge of the methodology of register based statistics
• knowledge about the quality assessment of Official Statistics
• deepened knowledge of specific applications in different areas: Census; Macro economic statistics, Social and Business statistics.
Course Content (Syllabus)
General introduction. Official Statistics in Greece and Europe. The European Statistics Code of Practice (CoP), legal basis, confidentiality laws. Census, Macro economic statistics, Social and business statistics. Introduction to design of surveys and to statistical inference based on survey data.