On successful completion of the course, students should be able to:
• Understand the basic concepts of Accounting for Corporations
• Understand the role, the place and the legal status of various corporations within the economic system
• Understand the procedures required for the formation and termination of a corporation
• Understand Accounting Standards and principles
• Use the appropriate accounts for each type of corporation according to the Greek Accounting Standards
• Have a thorough perspective of financial statements and of the Auditors report.
• Recognize and analyze the theoretical and practical aspects of business matters related to accounting for corporations
Course Content (Syllabus)
Legal, economic and accounting aspects of Corporations. The various legal forms of corporations. The specifics of accounting treatment for the various forms of corporations. Greek Accounting Standards and the Greek General Plan of Accounts. Accounting for general partnerships. Accounting for limited partnerships. Accounting for limited liability companies.Accounting for private capital companies. Accounting for SAs. Taxation for corporations.
General Partnership, Limited Partnership, Ltd, Private Capital Company, SA, Greek Accounting Standards, Taxation.