Upon successful completion of this course, students:
- will have understood project management processes and knowledge areas.
- will have been trained in time management and earned value analysis.
- will have been trained in time and cost optimization.
- will be familiar with risk management.
- will have been trained in project management software (MS Project).
Course Content (Syllabus)
PROJECT AND PROGRAM MANAGEMENT FRAMEWORK
PROJECT LIFE CYCLE
Definition of Project Lifecycle. Phases. Implementation of lifecycle in Project
PROJECT MANAGEMENT PROCESSES
Process groups: initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and control, closing.
WORK BREAKDOWN STRUCTURE AND TIME SCHEDULING
Work breakdown structure (WBS). Critical Path Method (CPM), PERT method.
Budget. Cost estimation techniques. Cash flow. Optimization of costtime.
Earned value method.
Basic concepts. Decision making under risk and uncertainty. Decision trees.
RESOURCES PLANNING AND MANAGEMENT