Upon successful completion of course students will:
- Know the basic approaches for the interpretation of substance abuse, the etiology dependence and out their principal troubleshoot methods.
-Deepen their knowledge regarding interventions of drug rehabilitation operations that include the psychosocial approach. They will be given the opportunity to compare different policies and methods.
- Develop understanding concerning the operation of therapeutic communities. Particular importance is given to understanding of scopes of social labor and role of social worker in the subjects of dependency and ways of developing the skills and knowledge needed to for successful interventions.
Course Content (Syllabus)
The course presents the therapeutic structures for dealing with addictions that operate in Greece and Cyprus, as well as structures that operate in other countries, which are of particular interest. In particular, the conditions for the reception of dependents in these structures are presented, the way of determining the dependence, the treatment methods followed, the time of treatment, the possibilities of social reintegration they offer, the statistics on the relapse they present.
• Introduction to dependencies, Dependence from psychoactive substances. Perceptions and stereotypes.
• Social circumstances. Introduction to therapeutic approaches. Iatrikokentriki and psychosocial approach.
• Typology programs therapeutic approaches and interventions
o programs medication,
o programs psychosocial support,
o therapeutic communities.
• Typology therapeutic programs: Interventions in correctional services.
• Typology therapeutic programs: Dual diagnosis
• The family therapy. The family as a system and as a protective or risk factor towards treatment.
• The efficacy of therapy. Methodology valuation of effectiveness. The effectiveness of research in the world. Factors linked to the effectiveness of therapy of dependence.
• Professionals. The staff of therapeutic programmes and problems that related to organizing, education, supervision and in-patient therapies. Professional burnout, diagnosis and troubleshooting.
• New evidence new challenges, search new answers. The use of substances and social tolerance. The new landscapes to globalization, new technology
Addictions, Therapeutic approaches and interventions, Effectiveness of treatment, Factors affecting succesful rehabilitation
Course Bibliography (Eudoxus)
Χαράλαμπος Πουλόπουλος, ΚΟΙΝΩΝΙΚΗ ΕΡΓΑΣΙΑ ΚΑΙ ΕΞΑΡΤΗΣΕΙΣ ΟΙ ΚΟΙΝΟΤΗΤΕΣ ΤΗΣ ΑΛΛΑΓΗΣ, Εκδόσεις Τόπος, Αθήνα, 2011.
Η. Scapiro, Drugs, ερευνητές, Αθήνα 2009.
Στη διάρκεια των μαθημάτων διανέμεται και επιπλέον βοηθητικό υλικό σε μορφή σημειώσεων.