Students are expected to:
• practice in the organization and presentation of complete compositions from a natural model (nature, still life, urban landscape, nude model), with special color exercises (oils, acrylics, Chinese ink, watercolor, toner, etc.).
• cultivate and develop their personal skills, through the use of different materials (charcoal, ink, pencil, etc.). and to delve into creative thinking for the development and completion of composition.
• understand the theoretical and conceptual axes of composition
• become familiar with the use of materials, tools and instruments of different visual media (eg photography, computer, etc.).
• utilize theoretical and practical know-how to solve problems in the organization of the composition.
Course Content (Syllabus)
Drawing exercises from a natural pattern (nature, still life, urban landscape, nude model), with various materials (charcoal, ink, pencil, toner, etc.).
Color exercises from a natural pattern, with various materials (oils, acrylics, watercolor, etc.).
Special exercises of the three basic colors and gray, exercises with Chinese ink, watercolor, acrylics, toner.
Design and composition is an ongoing practical, theoretical and conceptual search.
Conceptual approach through photography of subjects from the history of art and the urban social environment (Thessaloniki). Exercises to get acquainted with materials using other means (photography, computers, etc.).