Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
1. understand different approaches of Painting on a practical and theoretical level
2. understand the basic elements of the "language" of Painting
3. connect in a smooth way their experience and knowledge about Painting, before and after entering the Department
4. develop the ability to organize and impart their own basic laboratory knowledge related to Painting
5. satisfactorily practice applications of functional use of Painting
6. approach the peculiarities of the "language" of painting
7. combine the tradition of artistic practice with modern and diverse concepts in the field of visual arts
Course Content (Syllabus)
The course is conducted in the combined form of seminars and laboratory research and aims to familiarize students with the modern concept of Painting that is necessary in art research.
The trainee is provided with the know-how so that at the end of the semester he is trained in the investigation of artistic pursuits, in terms of painting materials (watercolors, oil paints or mixed media).
The student is also given the opportunity to comment on the exercises in order to acquire the ability to produce experimental visual proposals.
The course directs the education and research of the three students by providing them with supplies for the benefit of enhancing their expressive ability.