Upon completion of the course, students are expected to:
• Possess the fundamental principles of the methodological nature of Lithography techniques, which include the stone-preparation, the drawing process and the technology of the materials, the individual in-between steps of stone-etching and the process of printing on papers or other compatible substrates.
• Identify the metaplastic capabilities of lithography, as far as it concerns, the conception, the making and the construction of the image, whilst developing their own creative vocabulary.
• Be able to manage preparation-time and multiple steps workshop guidelines individually and as a team.
• Familiarize themselves with the printing processes and understand the proper use of relevant workshop equipment and tools.
• Get inducted to health & safety matters and workshop safety guidelines, as far as it concerns, individual use of specific tools and equipment.
Course Content (Syllabus)
Through programmed workshop exercises, from observation or memory, its aimed the deepening of the techniques of etching and usage of the different materials, from which the matrixes (plates) derive, having as a goal the final synthesis of the visual image, implementing the aesthetics of black- white and color during the print out. Introduction in lithography. Presentations and lectures from scientists and artists on specific issues. The organization of thematic exhibitions of students.