Upon the completion of the course students will be able to
- Focus on critical issues stemming in the preparation of spatial plans especially in relation to large scale projects and activities
- Gain knowledge about the spatial dimensions of sectoral policies and their interelations
- Understand spatial planning as a tool capable of synthesize and coordinate sectoral policis on a territorial basis
- Study modern mechanisms of spatial planning in Greece in relation to key socio-economic activities
analysis of critical issues arising at the stage of plans preparation.
Course Content (Syllabus)
1. Strategic Spatial Planning: typology, structure and relations with other types of planning
2. Meaning and content of Special Spatial Plans
3. Territorial dimensions of sectoral policies: Evidence from the EU
4. Experience of Strategic Spatial Planning in Greece: The structure, levels and types of existing plans and the background
5. Key sectors of economic activities that constitute the subject of Special Spatial Plans in Greece (Tourism, Industry, Energy)
a. Presentation and analysis of the “Special Spatial Planning Frameworks for Sustainable Development”
b. Investigation of critical issues e.g.: environmental protection versus economic development, territorial equity versus economic efficiency, relationships between levels and types of Strategic Spatial Plans.
Course Bibliography (Eudoxus)
1. Βασενχόβεν Λ., Χωρική Διακυβέρνηση: Θεωρία, ευρωπαϊκή εμπειρία και η περίπτωση της Ελλάδας, Εκδόσεις Κριτική 2010.
2. Παπαπετρόπουλος Α.Δ., Χωροταξικός Σχεδιασμός και Βιώσιμη Ανάπτυξη, Εκδόσεις Νομική Βιβλιοθήκη, 2009.