Cognitive: Knowledge of advanced topics related regarding the physical layer, multiple access issues, new generation wireless networks, wireless network security and related research trends.
Skills: Obtain an in-depth overview of advanced topics in wireless networks and related security issed and on research topics in these areas. Application of knowledge in a laboratory environment. Presentation of own work (ability to communicate, proper use of presentation techniques, familiarity with questions from the audience).
Course Content (Syllabus)
Introduction to wireless networks. The Physical Layer of wireless networks. Medium Access Control issues. Wireless networks security. research isues in wireless network protocols and security.
Additional bibliography for study
1. P.Nicopolitidis, M.S.Obaidat, G.I.Papadimitriou and A.S.Pomportsis, “Wireless Networks”, Wiley, January 2003.
2. W.Stallings, “Wireless Communications & Networks”, Prentice Hall.
3. K.Pahlavan, P.Krishnamurthy, “Principles of Wireless Networks: A Unified Approach”, Prentice Hall, 2001.
4. T.S.Rappaport, “Wireless Communications: Principles and Practice (2nd Edition)”, Prentice Hall, 2001
8. Andrew Tannenbaum, “Computer Networks”, Fourth Edition, Prentice Hall.