Upon successfully completing the subject, the students will:
• have cultivated their creative thinking, voice, speech, movement and expressive
• know the means and techniques to invent theatrical verbal texts, acts and how to
utilise them to ensure the successful involvement of students with theatrical
creation in Education.
• know how to cooperate and interact theatrically with others
• have developed the ability of to invent theatre characters, environments and
• have developed the ability to invent, by cooperating with each other, small theatre
scenes including roles, dialogues and plots.
• have mobilised, grasped and augmented abilities regarding their body, speech and
Course Content (Syllabus)
Control of movement, control of voice, articulacy, critical thinking and production of meaning through the sum of mental and expressive actions, are elements that make up the “language” of the actor and, simultaneously make up the “language” of the educator in the classroom. This subject is a field of realisation of this parallel, a field of knowledge and cultivation of those exact functions. In its context, students are trained in first-hand theatrical experience and creation (both stemming from actor training), This knowledge is applied in organising the way in which the educator, in the classroom, handles their thought in relation to their expressive means, by acting as a communicative thinking subject themselves.
1. Control of movement
2. Control of the timbre, Articulation
3. Critical thinking and giving of meaning through actions
4. Invention of theatre characters, settings, situations, relationships
5. Production of speech, invention-writing of dialogues and plots
6. Body language, speech and thought
7. Inventing and organising a theatreplot in wich invented characters are involved. Performance
Course Bibliography (Eudoxus)
1. Κοντογιάννη, Άλκηστις, Το βιβλίο της δραματοποίησης, Πεδίο, Αθήνα, 2012 κωδικός στον Εύδοξο 12666117
2. Παπανδρέου Νικηφόρος, Περί θεάτρου, University Studio Press, Θεσσαλονίκη, 1989, κωδικός στον Εύδοξο 17476
Additional bibliography for study
Boal, Augusto, Games for actors and non-actors Routledge, Λονδίνο, 1992.
Λεκόκ, Ζακ, Το ποιητικό σώμα, μια διδασκαλία της θεατρικής πράξης, μετ. Έλενα Βόγλη,
Κοάν, Athens 2005
Μπρουκ, Πήτερ, Ένας άλλος κόσμος, μετ. Ελένη Καραμπέτσου, Εστία, Athens 1999
Banu, Georges, (επιμ.), Les répétitions de Stanislavski à aujourd’hui, Le Temps du théâtre/
Actes sud, Arles, 2005 [=Banu, Georges, (επιμ.), Les répétitions de Stanislavski à
aujourd’hui, Académie Expérimentale des Théâtres, Alternatives théâtrales, τχ.
52, 53, 54, Bruxelles 1996-1997]