Conceptual understanding of basic statistical procedures for quantitative and qualitative data:
• Practicing in coding quantitative and qualitative data
• Understanding methods of quantitative data analysis
• Understanding methods of qualitative data analysis
• Getting familiar with research reports using quantitative and qualitative data analysis
Course Content (Syllabus)
The aim of the course is to introduce students to some commonly used quantitative and qualitative methods for analyzing an interpreting data.
• Quantitative analysis: variables, data coding, descriptive statistics and the use of basic statistical analysis.
• Qualitative analysis: coding, thematic analysis, content analysis, observation data analysis
Quantitative data, qualitative data, descriptive statistics, thematic analysis