After the completion of the course the students will be able to:
• execute Volley forehand/backhand strokes in cross and longline direction, and Overhead Service with a correct technic,
• recognize frequent technic errors in the execution of the above strokes,
• use ways and methods to correct technic errors,
• know the Greek translation and the meaning of basic terms of the English terminology of the sport,
• strictly apply all the special rules of the sport in a Tie-break game,
• to compete individually in singles, and as a team in a doubles match that ends with a tie-break, with or without the presence of an umpire,
• to teach basic elements of the sport to people who are interested in playing tennis (athletes or students) who are at the beginner-beginner level.
Course Content (Syllabus)
- Theoretical analysis and practical application of the tie - break set.
- Introduction in forehand and backhand Volley.
- Movement of players on the court and analysis of their footwork.
- Introduction in overhead service according to analytical teaching method, until its complete implementation.
- Improving of stroke technique due practice in small groups and continuous feeding.
- Playing forms of training.
- Introduction in singles and doubles.
- Introduction in Tennis Umpiring.
tie - break set, Volley, footwork, overhead service, singles and doubles, Tennis Umpiring
Additional bibliography for study
- Τένις, Βήματα για την Επιτυχία, Jim Brown, Camille Soulier, Μετάφραση-Επιμέλεια: Αργύρης Θεοδοσίου, Πέτρος Νάτσης, ΘΕΣΣΑΛΟΝΙΚΗ 2020 Αφοί Κυριακίδη ΕΚΔΟΣΕΙΣ Α.Ε.
- ΤΕΝΙΣ ΚΑΙ ΤΕΧΝΙΚΗ, ΜΑΒΒΙΔΗΣ Α., ΤΕΛΕΘΡΙΟΝ 2011 ΑΘΗΝΑ