This course aims to familiarize students with the framework and axons of research in Pedagogical Psychology as well as for issues regarding the impact of the environment in shaping individual’s personality. Moreover to know and understand key issues related to learning as well as the children’s and adolescent’s development in basic education.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
• Design and implement a Physical Education program based on the needs, abilities and expectations of students of the age groups targeted
• Be able to fulfill his/her future work as a Physical Education Teacher effectively, qualitatively and reliably regardless of the level of education.
Course Content (Syllabus)
- Definition, basic concepts, objects and methods of Pedagogical Psychology. Historical approach to the perception of the child and its development.
- Τhe sense of development in Psychology: the effects of inheritance and development (definition, stages and phases of development, approach of the question “born or become”, definition of genotype and phenotype, theoretical models that answering the question), theories of individual development (biological approaches, Freud's psychoanalytic model, Erikson's psycho-social theory, Piaget's cognitive-developmental model, Vygotsky's socio-cultural theory) and key issues for child’s development.
- Personality development. The social and moral development of the child (definitions, theories and basic issues for the socio-moral development of the child and for aggression, connection of the socio-moral competence with the educational process and suggestions that support it in order to confront violence within the school)
- Learning and school: Definitions, learning theories [theories of behaviorism (Classical Conditioning, Trial-and-Error Theory, Operant Conditioning), Socio-cognitive Learning Theory (imitation learning, identification learning)] and practical applications
- Motivations for learning and performance in education
Course Bibliography (Eudoxus)
- Eggen, P., & Kauchak, D. (2017). Εκπαιδευτική Ψυχολογία. Νέοι ορίζοντες στη μάθηση και τη διδασκαλία. Αθήνα: Kριτική
- Elliott, S. N., Kratochwill, Th. R., Littlefield-Cook, J., & Travers, J. F (2008). Εκπαιδευτική Ψυχολογία. Αθήνα: Γ. ΔΑΡΔΑΝΟΣ - Κ. ΔΑΡΔΑΝΟΣ Ο.Ε.
- Santrock W. John (2020). Εκπαιδευτική Ψυχολογία (επιμέλεια 6ης έκδοσης Αντωνίου, Α.-Στ., & Πολυχρόνη, Φ.) Αθήνα: ΕΚΔΟΣΕΙΣ Α. ΤΖΙΟΛΑ & ΥΙΟΙ Α.Ε.